So you just got engaged… Kisses ensue. Champagne is poured. All your friends and family are rejoicing that you get to prepare for this new stage of life with your forever love. You are living in that newly-engaged bubble for a couple days until…it hits you. You must begin planning the wedding. *cue the popped bubble* Let me tell ya, I remember how difficult planning the wedding can be. There is so much to consider. You want the dress, the cake, the right venue, and of course, the photographer. But how do you know which photographer best fits your needs?
Your wedding photographer is there for every personal aspect of the day. They are with you in the first look, as your mom buttons up your dress, as your father gives you away, or as you dance with your grandpa at the end of the night. They capture the tears and the belly laughs. They capture the relief on your face as you walk back up the aisle as husband and wife. In most cases, they help you plan your wedding schedule. They provide last minute bobby pins. Because a photographer is involved in these very personal ways, I truly believe you should choose a photographer who understands you. You don’t need a photographer who just takes pretty pictures. There are so many talented photographers out there. You deserve a photographer who gets what you’re about and jumps on board. But where to begin?
Here are 6 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Hiring a Wedding Photographer:
- Do you share the same values?
- Does he/she/they prioritize what you prioritize during a wedding day?
- Do you share a similar style?
- Will he/she/they serve you in the ways you need to be served?
- Do you enjoy being around them?
- Does he/she/they ask you questions and engage with you?
These six questions are a great place to begin when deciding your wedding photographer. If you’ve stumbled on my website or social media and are wondering if I’m a good choice for you, I’ve done the work to help you out!!
You might be a Kate Mannella couple if:
- You believe in marriage for the long haul.
- You know love is a gift, and should be treated as such.
- You’re aware that marriage can be difficult, messy, and imperfect, but you know its worth it.
- Photography is high on your priority list.
- You appreciate bright, airy images with a little color.
- You value classic over trendy.
- You feel comfortable expressing emotion.
- You’re a joyful couple.
- You love nature and the great outdoors.
- You would enjoy chatting over a cup of coffee or glass of wine.
If these things are true of you, let’s grab that drink and get to know each other!!